Friday, March 11, 2011

80's Child: VW Ad Song

I am an 80's child. I was born in South Africa during the 1980's and experienced all that was during that time.  My heart fills with joy and nostalgia every time I hear certain songs or see cartoons I watched when I was a child on tv.  If you were old enough in 1992 to watch a certain VW ad you can share this nostalgic moment.

Andre'; de Villiers - Memories
I remember the days of my life
I recall the faces- mostly yours
Magic moments – life was a mystery
There’s no place on earth that- we’d rather be

Moving up – going through some changes
Storing up the memories
Can you give me the light of my life?
I always gave the best I could give

Bridge
Sometimes it never seemed like enough
Though we never quit when- the going got tough
Do you remember the way it used to be?
Never counting cost – was a matter of trust
Covenant cut – were lovers for life
I still bear the scar – you used to carry the knife
I remember the days of my life
I recall the faces- mostly yours
Magic moments – life still a mystery
There’s no place on the earth that- we’d rather be

This is my life
And I’m passing on the
Memories

No comments:

Post a Comment