Friday, August 12, 2011

A Few of My Favourite Things

As I write this post, the song from the "Sound of Music" rings in my head.

Lemon Slices with warm water : a favourite amongst the twilight crowd (and by this I mean people over 60). Warm water and lemon is good for killing germs and makes your blood more basic than acidic, which leads to better health and general well being. It also keeps your skin clear and promotes the breakdown of fats (this I read in Men's Health).  One caveat is that too much is bad for your teeth, and with this I advocate moderation. I often go out for drinks with my friends and order a cappuchino with a warm water and lemon on the side whilst my friends are having lemons on the sides of their tequilas.  Do I feel old: no, I feel happy, healthy and full of vigour. Especially during winter when my trusty lemons helps me fight off those nasty colds! Try it folks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment