Thursday, November 3, 2011

Joburg happenings: November

Summer is here and the city is alive! I am chilling in Durban this weekend, but I encourage you all to check out this cool party:

The Electric Circus Street Party is taking place at Carfax in Newtown this weekend! DJ’s Alex Kenji from Italy, Rent Dent and others will be there.  I've never been to this one before, but street parties in general are awesome. I love being outside and the weather so far has been great. I expect top notch music and lighting
Date: 5 November 2011
Time: 8pm until late
Cost: Tickets R120 pre-sold, 150 at the door


The city centre often has a bad rap for being grungy, dangerous and full of drug peddling foreign gangsters… I am inclined to believe that part of this is at least true. However, there is a huge movement to revive the city with cool little spots that are both safe and stylish.  Here is one such beauty that I have been recommended:

Randlords
Situated in Braamfontein, it looks like a very plush locale with a lovely deck on the rooftop. It is open to the public for special parties or can be hired as a venue.  It seems like a place where the cools kids hang out.  It looks like it has great views of the city. I will try it out and put up pics!

Where: 22nd Floor South Point Towers
41 De Korte Street
Braamfontein

Subscribe to their newsletter for parties that would interest you: http://www.randlords.co.za/

As mentioned earlier, I am not a drinker but I found this really useful site that has reviews and details of the best bars in Johannesburg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment