Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Neighbourhood Goods Market

While I drive through town everyday day on the way to work, I would be forgiven for missing this gem of urban revival. Situated at 73 Juta Street, in an area where I am focusing on not knocking down ridiculous pedestrians, lies the cleaned up and funky Juta street. The Neighbourhood Goods Market is from 9 - 3 on a Saturday morning and modeled on a similar event in Cape Town,  I love how other little businesses and quirky boutiques and shoppes have sprung up in the area.

It is safe-ish for town. I can't promise you won't get shot but I can attest to amazing food, ambience, and friendly, happy people. It is a very family oriented place from young kids in strollers to grandparents and everyone in between getting in on the action. I hope there is renewed investment in the cbd, it has superb potential and plenty of willing supporters!



Plenty of interesting food!



All honey should be honey badger friendly :)



Fresh coconut water! I felt like I was on holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment