Saturday, May 4, 2013

Can't wait for the new Star Trek movie!

Into the Darkness opens in SA officially on 14 June 2013, though there are some previews on the 12 June 2013. The Worldwide premiere of the movie was on the 2nd May in the UK and the US opening is the 17 May 2013. I don't understand why we could not have a worldwide release date. Do they still have to reuse film reels? Going to start watching some Star Trek to prep (Khan is back folks).
My favourite movie is definitely Star Trek, though I understand why it sits badly with some fans (was the erasure of history really necessary?)

Voyager is still my favourite series, and Captain Janeway (Delta quadrant warrior and slayer of the Borg)  my favourite Captain with Captain Cisco (the political grandmaster) a close second. I hope there is a new series in the mix. Didn't really get into Enterprise, though maybe that deserves a second look.

Into the Darkness looks amazing! I love Benedict Cumberbach! He was superb in Sherlock and is generally a brilliant actor. The rest of the cast is, of course, delightful! Get ready folks!



2 comments:

  1. heya, i can't wait either, a worthwhile scifi till this shows is oblivion, really worth a ticket
    but this one, oh boy, would love to watch it at cinema prestige, if not there hope they will release it in 4k...
    am thinking of getting the previous one on bluray to get into the characters again. and i totally agree on the voyager series, lost mine, and am battling to get the complete again :(
    anywoo, will love to hear your review on it after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will check out Oblivion. I have some seasons of Voyager and am happy to give them to you when I see you. Until then, the countdown to Into the Darkness continues!

    ReplyDelete