Saturday, May 4, 2013

The case against hedonism

A bunch of my friends are going to Craft Beer festival this weekend, while I elected to stay home and read/blog/watch tv/find my higher purpose in life. The fact that I don't drink made this decision a lot easier; however, my friends are fun people and seeing them get wasted is not without entertainment value. I am at a stage in my life where the one quiet weekend I have is intensely looked forward to and guarded. The fun finds me, people. There is always some crazy social engagement (drinks, dinners, birthdays, weddings, rock concerts and general debauchery) that is going on. I have been holding out on this blog because there has been no time to blog in the eat/sleep/work/get debauched treadmill; however, for today I am firmly off it and happy on my couch. Maybe I will water my plants (feel guilty about that) or just space out. My wallet and sanity will thank me for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment